Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Challenge for Life: Some more comments

Paul Syms wrote: I’m truly blessed to have a friend like you for the past 40 plus years. Those of us who are fortunate to have known you for a long time know that you have not changed from the person we knew in high school. You are a true inspiration and I know you have made a major difference in the lives of many people. Cancer has affected our lives and I know what you have been going through since your Dad was diagnosed. Raising awareness and funds for finding a cure should always be a priority for everyone. This weekend Mani will be in town and the guys are getting together at Joe’s place on Sunday, we will be thinking about you and cheering you on. All the very best.

RMB wrote: "It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle". Richard M. DeVos. I hope this story and this journey of yours, will forever live so that your grandchildren and others will see how wonderful a person you are. You give your mom, family, and especially your dad, motivation and desire to conquer even the greatest of odds. Your support for your dad, inspire others and you motivate even the hearts of those who never got a chance to meet such a wonderful person (in you), to never give up. I have known you most of my life, and your desire to conquer and win were and still are, your true signature in life. Take stock in that desire, strength, commitment, and that winning attitude, for it is hearts like yours who can bring beauty to those needing it. Good luck and will be stepping along with you as you make your journey to the finish line. Avoir une grande marche.

Sophie and Darwin wrote: We didn't forget about your challenge - just wanted to make a donation a little closer to the big day just in case the donations started to peter off and you needed a little motivation. Looks like you've more than accomplished your monetary goal, and you're well on your way to achieving your training/walking goal. Our thoughts are with you on Saturday as you take on this challenge for all of us. Best of luck, and here's hoping for a sunny, breezy day!

Rudy Gafur wrote: Dear Savitree: AS June 13, approaches, I write to let you know that I will be thinking of you, praying for you and hoping that the Walk will be a resounding success. Good luck dear friend, and God's blessings.

Janet Madramootoo wrote: Hi Savitri: You are such an inspiration. Thank you for encouraging me to walk. I have been walking diligently everyday and I've lost a couple of dress sizes already! I will be thinking of you next Saturday. Hope the weather is great and you have a wonderful walk. Please give my love to your parents and the rest of your family.

Pat Mohr wrote: Sandra, I'm so proud of you. Your motivation and dedication are such an inspiration. Since it's raining today, I'll be walking on my treadmill. Not nearly as peaceful and enjoyable as the outdoors, but the end result is the same. The respect and love you show to your parents is also heartwarming. I pray for freedom from pain for your Dad. I'll most certainly be thinking of you on the 13th -- it's Gord's and my wedding anniversary. Blessings be upon you! Love, Pat

Jim Ferguson wrote: Dear Sandra: Your involvement in CancerCare’s Challenge for Life is by itself an inspiration for all of us. It has also encouraged me to keep walking, led me to discover a beautiful new place to walk, and has made it possible for me to re-establish a friendship. Que peut-on dire à son amie? Rien que: Merci!

Beatrice Dwarkaprasad wrote: Sav: I'm proud to let the world that I've known you for almost 45 years. Oops, I just let the world know our age. Girl, thanks for your beautiful email and I am very happy to donate for such a good cause. I feel your pain dearly as I have experience with my sister. Being friends for so long, we shared a lot of personal family stories for many years and as I am typing this message, I can see your Dad smiling as always and making funny jokes and your mom always supportive. Thanks to God, your husband, children, grandchildren, brothers and sisters not to forgot your friends who are supporting you at this time. I've always known you to be a leader, and always admire you for your achievements. I'll be there with you in spirit the day of your walk and like Robin, I'll make sure you're being rewarded. I'll have a talk with Robin-(laugh). Hi Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister & kids and Grands: LOVE you all. Sav is a "ROCK" . I think about her all the time and try to follow her footsteps as we all need to take care of our health and to enjoy our old age. LOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE

Sahana and Sabreena wrote: Go NANI! We hope to be at the finish line!

Sabena Ali wrote: Hey sis, well the days are getting longer and your big challenge is getting closer. I'm going to be with you in spirit and wish you well in your endeavours. I feel your pain on those days when the weather just won't co-operate. I'm beginning to think we'll go right into fall again without so much as a summer's day to warm us through. We leave for Toronto on Thursday so I won't even be home to do a virtual walk with you. However, I want you to know that your efforts are truly appreciated by all of us, especially Dad and Mom and we're all so VERY proud of you. All the best and use the Gehwol Footcream (the one in the grey and red tube), it'll prevent blisters. I know, because I've been using it and it really does work. Good luck and God Bless.XOXOXOXO

Wes and Gail Hazlitt wrote: Sandra you are an Inspiration. Thank you for touching our Life. I too had a father who was ravaged with Cancer and Gail's mother is battling with it again. Sometimes it makes a person feel helpless and sometimes it gives one the strength to make a difference. Your actions have already changed the lives of many and no one will know the difference you have made to their outcome. You are an inspiration to your family, your friends and so many others. I salute you. Have a great walk on Saturday. It will be the finest day of this year.

Sowany family wrote: Thinking of you, Bayney family!

Izabel and Ronin wrote: We are so proud of you, love Izabel and Ronin!

Barb Remple wrote: so proud to have met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.