Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gathering blossoms

I was searching the Internet for something and came across this 'zine about rest and renewal.
There are some very inspiring stories, poems and drawings that were assembled by one of my best, most talented, and knowledgeable teachers I've ever had - chris cavanagh. 

While I was doing my Mater's in Environmental Studies at York U, I took a couple of courses about Popular Education from chris and he was so inspiring, that I eventually asked him to be my supervisor for my major research paper.  I learned a lot from him and I am grateful for the guidance and support he gave me through the difficult time when dad was diagnosed with cancer.  I've provided the link to the 'zine Gathering Blossoms Under Fire  and I even wrote one of the pieces titled "The Smell and Taste of Self-Renewal."  It goes over several pages, interspersed with other people's poems and artwork.

I took the time to read it again and it reminded me of one of the things I love to do and why I love to do them.  It also reminded my of growing up ni Belair and how dad and mom used to tease me that the eddoe bushes were flourishing because of all the failed parsad it had to nourish it.

Here are 2 other reasons to smile.  I was deleting some files from a memory stick and came across these pictures that I had saved on my hard drive. 


2009-Sandra & Sahana

2009-Sabreena's birthday party


sandra

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that those two little beauties make you smile, I am thankful for them every single day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.