Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

End of long week

I'm glad the weekend is here.  It's been a busy week since I've returned and I am trying to play catch-up on all my projects and my school work.  Today was a particularly tiring day both physically and mentally.  I was facilitating a workshop with Electrical, Electronic and Instrumentation Technologists and because I am not familiar with the occupation-specific terminology, I had to pay close attention to what they were saying.  By the end of the day, we had a pretty comprehensive chart but I sure did a lot of walking!  I forgot to wear my pedometer but I felt like I had walked a half marathon.  I am sure it was not but trying doing that in high heeled shoes with plantar fasciitis (but don't feel sorry for me because I was too vain to wear flat shoes so of course I am now sitting with a heating pad on my back and sore heels).  I came home and had a nice hot shower before I could think of doing anything else.

Mom went to the hospice today and she said that Dad's face is very swollen.  It's hard to know if it's more than when I saw it yesterday but she said that he didn't eat all of the lunch I sent for him.  I had also flambeed some bananas but he didn't eat any of that either.  I sent some chicken fiesta for tonight's dinner and some for tomorrow night as well. I hope he ate that.  Dr Hartley came to visit him today and Dad said he was very tired.  For him to say that he is tired must be something.  Mom said he was very shaky and she reminded him that he is to ask for help when he needs to go to and from the bathroom. 

Bena is coming tomorrow so we should be able to get most/all of the stuff from Mom's house cleaned, packed and moved by the end of next week.  I am also hoping to have a family Easter dinner on Thursday while Bena is here but the logistics is a bit challenging.  Karran is not sure about his schedule, Sophie doesn't finish work till 6:30pm, Sharm and I are okay to go anytime after 4pm.  The greatest challenge is that Dad eats dinner around 5pm and is usually in bed by 6:30pm.  So we may have to do two Easter meals with a few of us at a time to accommodate everyone's schedule. 

Thank you for the phone calls and emails in the last week - Auntie Lovin, Uncle Deo, Eddie, Brent, Georgie, Prak, Gaytri, Auntie Bauline, Ida, Auntie Rosaline, Kami, Indra, Auntie Siloch, Arlene

Have a great weekend everyone...
sandra   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.