Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Remembering Dood Bayney







February 2, 1931- April 19, 2011

AUM BHOOR BHUWAH SWAHA, TAT SAVITUR VARENYAM,
BHARGO DEVASAYA DHEEMAHI, DHIYO YO NAHA PRACHODAYAT.

O Lord,
Thou are the protector of life and of breath,
dispeller of miseries and Bestower of happiness.
Thou are the Creator and the most acceptable intelligence,
possessing eternal qualities.
May Thine qualities and Thy inspiration pass to us.

  
Memories from family and friends
  • He was a very caring man for his family and his friends (Wife: Sharie Bayney)
  • I remember Dood Buddy with his black, curly hair (Family friend: Dolly, Florida)
  • Mamoo Dood used to be very strict with girl children so he would give us such a “cut-eye” if we were playing outside the yard too long (Niece: Gaytri, Florida)
  • He was our gold finger Cha-cha because he always had candies in his pocket to give us (Nieces: Geeta and Seeta, Florida)
  • He was our chocolate Mamoo because he used to give us chocolate (Niece: Dolly, New York)
  • Since my father died, you have now taken the place of our father (Nephew: Eddie, Florida)
  • I remember when we were small and hungry and we would go to your house to eat (Nephew: Kamal, New York) 
  • I love you too Nana (Great grand-daughters: Sahana and Sabreena)
  • Uncle Dood was like a father to me. I can never forget how kind he was and I will miss him very much (Niece: Joanie, New York)
  • I will never forget my uncle; he was like a father to me (Niece: Shakeela, Guyana)
  • I remember when I was little and sometimes when we had no food, so we would come to your house for food (Nephew: Zad, Florida)
  • I have wonderful memories of him and remember being doubled over in laughter more than once from stories he shared with me (Niece: Kami, Ottawa)
  • He was a true gentleman to the end (Family friend: Jeanette, Florida)
  • “The Dood” told me that God lifted him up and threw him down with his cancer but he always landed on a bed of feathers (Family friend: Prak, Toronto)
  • Grandpa would kiss Sahana’s feet and feed her dhall and roti and she loved it (Grand-daughter: Sharmila, Winnipeg)
  • He would always greet me with “Hi Sis, how you doing!” (Family friend: Jaimattie, Winnipeg)
  • He was a great whistler. You always knew when he was coming (Cousin: Goutham, Calgary)
  • He calls me Sugar Plum and Mama. Is that a good thing? (Nurse: Chandel)
  • He was always so dapper (Grand-son-in-law’s mother: Roberta, Winnipeg)
  • He had great fun on the numerous bus trips (Friend: Helen, Winnipeg)
  • My brother and I spent many wonderful times together. I couldn’t keep a girlfriend because as soon as they met him they would like him instead (Brother: Deo, England).
  • We always had to have the best Dad could afford for us and that meant that it had to be washed, ironed and polished (Daughter: Sabena, Calgary)
  • There is no one else like Dood Bayney. He is indeed one of a kind (Family friend: Yvonne, Guyana)
  • Whenever I saw him he was so social and so complimentary (Son-in-law’s sister: Radha, New York)
  • I remember when I got into a fight with some men and if you didn’t come to my rescue, I don’t know that would have happened to me (Cousin: Sydney, New York)
  • We used to have some great discussions about politics, religion, anything (Son-in-law: Zaman, Calgary)
  • As a child I was afraid of you but as I grew older I came to realize why I was afraid and that was because you were very strict and kids never like when you’re strict. Only then I knew you were trying to let us grow in the right manner, so for that I will always love you (Sister-in-law: Maggie, Toronto)
  • Dood Cha-cha really did give me some good advice that I will live with and I am very grateful for the time I spent with him in Florida (Niece: Sunita, Florida)
  • I looked forward to the visits in my office as we planned your future travel adventures. It was wonderful to share this excitement with you (Friend: Agnes, Winnipeg)
  • He still looks like James Bond to me. (Family Friend: Farida, Texas)
  • We call him John Wayne because he always wins on the John Wayne machine (Friends: Katie and Myron, Winnipeg)
  • Did I tell you that you are my most beautiful grand-daughter?” (Grand-daughters: Sharmila, Sunita and Subhadra)
  • He was such a good brother-in-law to me. He was always there for me (Sisters-in-law: Gladys, Jean, and Fatima)
  • He was like a Dad to me (Family friend: Tara, Missouri)
  • The most important lessons I learned from you is never to give up in the face of adversity and to persevere till you achieve your goals (Daughter: Sandra, Winnipeg)
Program


• Reading of the Gita: Pandit Dr. Shiv Prasad Shastri
• Bhajan: Jaimattie Kenneth
• Bhajan: Jep Jaikarran
• Bhajan: Chris Singh
• Tributes: Open to Friends
• Song: Mesia Custodio
• Tributes: Family
• Eulogy: Savitree
• Photo Presentation
• Thank you’s

The Impossible Dream
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow, and
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong, and
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march, march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable the unreachable star

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.