Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Meditation Guide: Station 9

Nothing to eat or drink since the night before, the scourging, the mockery, they have all taken a physical toll.  Jesus falls to the dust once again, amidst the noise of Jerusalem crowds heckling ans weeping.  This is too much. How much more will he have to endure? He has become a spectacle just as the crucifixions are meant to be. He struggles to his feet once more. Their laughter is cruel.  How can they laugh? Can't they see he is trying? Don't they feel pity?





Questions:
  1. Do I see others struggle and do nothing? 
  2.  How often have I hurt you with my failures?
  3. Have I been ashamed to admit to others who do not believe in God that I do?
  4. Have I defended my beliefs when others put them down?
  5. Do I just go with the flow just to fit in?
Action:
Take a moment now in the silence of your heart to think of all those you have hurt in this way and offer them to God.

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.