Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Meditation Guide:  Station 13

When they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.  One of the soldiers thrust a lance in his side and immediately blood and water flowed out. Joseph - a disciple of Jesus - asked Pilate's permission to remove Jesus' body  Pilate granted it.  They took his lifeless body from the cross and tenderly placed him in the loving arms of his mother.  With infinite tenderness, she gently held him and wiped away his bloodied and soiled face with her tears which fell on his lifeless body.

Jesus is taken down from the cross

Questions:
  1. When I have lost something or someone, do I feel angry or sad?
  2. Do I fail to reach out to those in grief because I do not know what to say or because it is too much to bear?
  3. Do I offer compassion or walk away and hope someone else will?
  4. Is there someone around me needing compassion now?
  5. Is my love unconditional?
Actions:
Take a moment now in the silence of your heart to offer up a situation you have walked away from.

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.