Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Meditation Guide: Station 4

Stunned and numb, Mary watches Jesus sway and stagger under the weight of the cross. She makes eye contact with her son and sees his agony. Her love for Him is only surpassed by His love and concern for her.  Jesus saw his mother and the disciple standing by, whom he had loved.  He said to his mother "Woman behold your son."  And then he said to the disciple "Behold your mother" and from that hour, the disciple took her into her home. Jesus loved his mother so much that he took the time during his suffering - with one of his last breaths - to make sure that she was going to be taken care of.  It must have been painful for Mary to see him suffer.



Jesus meets his mother

Questions:
  1. Do I value those around me who love me - my parents, my family, my friends?                  
  2. Do I realize how much love it takes to care for someone?
  3. Am I impatient with them sometimes?
  4. When was the last time that I showed them gratitude for their love for me?
  5. Do I visit those who are suffering and need my support?
Action:
Take a moment now in the silence of your heart to think of all those who have lead you on your path of life with guidance, support and discipline and offer them to God.

sandra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.