Meditation Guide: Station 5
Jesus is faltering under his load. The soldiers fearing that He might die along the way, seize Simon of Cyrene to help him carry his cross. He stopped along the way and noticed that there was a commotion through the streets. He approached to have a closer look to see what was happening, when a soldier grabbed him and forced him to take hold of Jesus' cross.
|Simon helps Jesus carry the Cross|
- How willing am I to let others help me?
- Do I see needing help as a sign of weakness?
- Am I willing to accept help from those who are older than me?
- Do I allow God to interrupt my day, to do his work, even if it's out of my comfort zone?
- Do I serve humbly and from the heart and not for praise?
- Have I gone out of my way to help others?
- How can I be like Simon to those around me?
- Where do I see a need or someone I need to help?
Take a moment in the silence of your heart to think of all those who need your help in some way and offer them up to God.