Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Bountiful harvest

It's now been a week since I've been back to work and except for a bit of a cold, things are back to the regular routine.  My garden is flourishing.  I've oven-dried about 20 pounds of tomatoes, made about 2 pounds of basil pesto, about 15 pounds of apple sauce.  I also have an abundance of eggplants.  They are such a beautifully shiny dark, rich purple that I wish I could just keep them for the colour.    

I finally went to a sports injury doctor last week (one I had seen many years ago for a chronic sprain that went undiagnosed for more than 2 years).  He confirmed that I do have a very bad case of plantar fasciitis, as well as a pinched nerve (the tendinitis); hence the intense pain. I told him about all the non-invasive treatments I've had to date and he agreed that I have done everything that I could do.  He gave me a prescription for some cortisone that he will inject into my foot tomorrow.  I am already getting the shivers thinking about it but he said that the nerve pain is in response to the inflammation that is at the injury site causing the tissue to pinch the nerve. 

If all goes well, I will be back at work in the afternoon; otherwise, I'll be heading home with a different kind of sore foot. Wish me luck.

sandra

1 comment:

  1. I am searching my limited vocab to find a word that describe your abilities and everyone that comes to me I feel you are better than that if this a word Multi-talented then a may be one way to describe you.
    For everything you are doing and finding time to garden is to be well organize.
    Congrats on becoming an official blogger,the world is opening up more for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.