Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Diwali

For all my Hindu family and anyone else celebrating Diwali, Happy Diwali to each and every one if you.  I received this from one of my long time friends Paul - a friendship that has lasted for more than 45 years.  I'm glad that I can still say that after all this time, we are still friends.

This is not related to Diwali but I have a hibiscus plant that I pruned in the spring (so short that it looked almost bald).  During the summer, I put it in the sunroom and within a couple of weeks, it started to put out lots of new shoots.  A short time after that (at the end of July) it started to bloom with at least 2-3 flowers every day.  It has not stopped blooming since that time.  About two weeks ago, I had to bring it inside as it's getting too cool in the sunroom.  Well, this is what it looks like today.  There are six flowers on it and it looks so beautiful.  The colour is a gorgeous apricot with a rich, red centre.  I was so totally expecting that all the flowers would fall off when I brought it in but they didn't, so this is what I come down stairs to each morning. 


I know, I know that this is not unusual if you live in tropical climes but in Winnipeg - well that's another story!  The picture doesn't do the flowers justice; nevertheless, it's  worth sharing.

Enjoy the rest of Diwali
sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.