Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

End of my Hawaiian family bonding vacation; Home again

As with all good things, they must come to an end. Our flight left Honolulu last night at 11:30pm so it was a very long day since we were up since 6:15am. As soon as I was seated, I think I fell asleep because I don’t remember hearing the safety announcements prior to departure. The flight was uneventful - which is the only way ti should be when you are in a plane, 40,000 feet in the air.
We got through Canadian Immigration in Vancouver without incident. We kissed Bena goodbye and headed to our departure gate. Her flight was leaving at 9am, same as ours. We are now in the plane heading back to Winnipeg where it’s cold. Everyone is probably glued to their TV since it’s Grey Cup weekend and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are playing Vancouver (I think).  I hope they win.  They have been so close a few times in the last few years.
This is the end of our family Hawaiian vacation and although I am sad that it’s ending, I am also glad to get back home so I can get ready for my Florida vacation in a month. Considering that the five of us spent almost 24/7 with each other for the last 10 days in very confined spaces (ship and mini-van), we had very few incidents with each other.  There was the occasional moodiness from some of us, but overall, it was a good time to connect with my siblings. Would I do it again?  Most likely if the opportunity presents itself, but I doubt that some spouses will agreeable.  The time spent together with my siblings was worth it because if the spouses were there, I don't think it would have been the same.  We'd each go off on our own and not do things together.  Additionally, a much larger group would have been harder to plan for. So overall, I think it was a good 10 days. 
Tomorrow it's back to work and what a busy work week it's shaping up to be  I have 4 very long days ahead and then a busy weekend next weekend.  We are taking Sahana and Sabreena for a Santa breakfast next Saturday and then they are sleeping over that evening. I'm sure I'll have my meal request from both of them.
Then I'll have to spend some time planning my Florida vacation in a month.
sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.