Pages

Friday, December 02, 2011

A BIG THANK YOU TO MOM FOR MY HAWAIIAN VACATION

Whew!  Now that I have gotten through a long week of several 14 hour work days, I finally pause and reflect on my 10-day Hawaiian vacation. Yesterday I was almost feeling like it was a distant memory but today I looked at some pictures and they brought back the memories.

In all my writing, I was remiss in thanking Mom for taking her children on an all expense-paid vacation to Hawaii for 10 whole days. So Mom, THANK YOU for such a lovely gift.  I think we all felt that it was worth the time spent together to get to reacquaint ourselves with each other.

I have a busy weekend but busy in a good way.  Tomorrow is the Santa Breakfast at the college.  We have been doing this with Sahana and Sabreena for the last 3 years so I am looking forward to sitting on Santa's knee and telling him that I have been mostly good this year so perhaps he can overlook the bad. Santa is a good guy so he may do that. I'll have to think of what I want for Christmas. I think I mentioned in a very early post that I got a Christmas gift last year from Sharm, Sunita, Subhadra and Sophie that was so thoughtful.  It was a credit to an organization called KIVA that offers interest-free micro loans to people in need. I've already made 8 loans and one is completely paid back. Most of the loans are as little as $25. Maybe that's what I'll ask for as a Christmas present.

In the late afternoon, the kids will be back to sleep over for the evening. I am sure that Hana will want dhall and roti for dinner and most likely breakfast on Sunday and Sabreena will want dhall and rice and spinach with shrimp.  She gets such a huge grin on her face when she asks for that and eats such a hearty meal.  I love that they eat so well.

I hope that your weekend is going to be as good as mine. Have a great weekend everyone.  I will.

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.