Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Day 4, 2012
It's been a few days into the new year and I can't say I've done very much except eat and visit with family and friends and eat some more and oh yes, I did do some walking but not as much as I intended to do. Yesterday I went to visit one of my friends Adele whom I had not seen in about almost 7 years. We went for lunch and caught up on all the happenings of the last few years. After I dropped her off at work, I calculated that we have been friends for almost 47 years! That is a great deal longer than many marriages last.

Subhadra left to go home yesterday because she has to start school today. She is coming down with a cold and she said that on her way to Phoenix from Orlando, she got sick on the plane. Probably motion sickness. She arrived home close to 2am but decided that she would have to miss the first day of school because she is really not feeling well.

On the way back from the airport, I went to visit my cousin Ganesh at the rehab centre where he lives. While returning to the house we rented, we got a call saying that Eddie and Hashina were waiting at our house for us to come home. That visit lasted for a few hours. We made arrangements to come over to their house today.

We came over at lunch and Hashina made dhall, rice, spinach, okra, curried shrimp and fried fish. That was lunch! Then we discussed condensed milk and Eddie wanted to open an can so we could scarf it down but I managed to restrain myself, saying that we had just returned from a nice walk to Narine's Bakery where we bought some butter flaps, pinetarts, cheese rolls, fried channa and plantain chips. On the way back from the bakery, we had a cheese roll each. That was very delicious.

The rest of them are playing dominoes and I am feeling very sleepy. I think after my blog post, I may go out into the porch and have a nap. So far, I have not done any shopping or gone to an outlet mall or even a flea market (I love flea markets). I have to plan to do that soon. Tomorrow I have to pick up my marathon registration package which I registered for (but will not be able to do). Maybe on the way there, I'll go to the Lake Buena Vista Outlet mall. That's my day so far.
sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.