Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Like marshmallows on the bottom of my feet ...

Sabreena was over tonight to visit while Sharm and Trent went to the store so we had a great time visiting. She was using an app on her dad's iphone to make a smoothie. I told her that we could go to the kitchen and make a real one but she would have to lead me through the process by telling what to do. Here were her instructions:
  1. Well Nani, the first thing you do is take out your Vitamix from the cupboard. Then you have to add some milk (as she checks the phone app. for the next step).
  2. Then you add some flavour like vanilla or chocolate (she then suggested that the flavour be vanilla).
  3. Then you add some ice cream (I said that I only had frozen yogurt so she said that was fine)
  4. Then you add some strawberries that we picked together.
  5. Then you blend it (so I did)
  6. Then you have to pour into three glasses for me and you and Grandpa
  7. Then you have to give me a straw to drink it with.
  8. (Here comes the even more cute part) - Nani, do you know what the best thing about this is? It tastes good because I gave you the recipe and you added flavour and you used the strawberries that we picked. That's great. Thanks Nani.
So we had a lovely strawberry smoothie in the sunroom with her "pretend" recipe from the iPhone app. After that, I was giving her a foot massage and I asked if she wanted me to stop. She said no because my massage makes her foot feel like it has marshmallows on the bottom. How cute is that for a four year old?

I am enjoying this summer - especially that I do not have to have a book in one hand while I am trying to spend some free time soaking up summer. I hope you are enjoying summer as much as I am so far.

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.