Pages

Monday, September 03, 2012

Attitude to mother changes

Attitude Quotes

Today I was cleaning up some old papers and I came across this article from Ann Landers that was reprinted from a Dutch magazine that was written for a father but I substituted mother (it is after all, my blog):

MOTHER
4 years: My Mommy can do anything.
7 years: My Mom knows a lot.
8 years: My mother doesn't know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Mother doesn't know that either.
14 years: Mother? Hopelessly old fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that woman is out of date. What do you expect?
25 years: She knows a little bit about it, but not that much.
30 years: Maybe we ought to find out what Mom thinks.
35 years: A little patience. Let's get Mom's assessment before we do anything.
50 years: I wonder what Mom would have thought about that. She was pretty smart.
60 years: My Mom knew absolutely everything.
65 years: I'd give anything if Mom were here so I could talk this over with her. I really miss that woman.

Happy Labour day. Hope you spent it relaxing. I laboured but it was good labour.

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.