Pages

Monday, October 01, 2012

First leg of the travel is done

If you are following along, we are now in Toronto killing time till we board the next flight to Lima. It's a 6 hour layover and when we arrive in Lima it's another 5 hour layover to get to Cusco (You'll notice that I spell the city as Cusco and Cuzco which are both correct). I can't believe that I am actually on my way. I've read and read about Cusco for many years and studied the train journey getting from Cusco to Aguas Calientes - hoping that some day I'd be making the journey. And here I am, on my way. I am looking forward to the whole experience - whatever it is.

I think I slept about 10 minutes last night and just about the time my alarm was ready to go off at 5:15am, I had a dream that I was telling to my friend Bonny that I have to catch my plane to Lima but when I tried running to catch it, I could only run in slow motion. If you are into dream interpretation, you can decipher that.

I walked with my pedometer and decided that each day I will do a minimum of 10,000 steps. So far, I've only done 3,000 so I'll have to get going to do another 7,000 till I board the plane because after that, it's sitting for 8 hours. Maybe I'll be able to catch a few zzzz's by the time we get to Lima.

I was in a book store about an hour ago and found a book that I've been meaning to read for a few years already but either didn't have the time or didn't remember to borrow it from the library. Well as things happen, I was wandering through the bookstore intending to browse but not buy a book and there it was - the book I wanted to read. It's called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I feel that it's a kind of serendipitous message. I was talking about the book a few days ago on my cemetery walk with Roberta, telling her that I should remember to borrow it. Well there it was staring at me as if calling my name. I had the same experience almost 2 decades ago at the Toronto airport when we were going to Egypt. I found the book - The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran - and it became my "go to" inspirational book from that time. I read the author's Introduction to this book and I have a feeling that this is going to be a life changer for me too but I don't know yet in what way.

Off to do some walking and and later some reading. Stay tuned and don't forget to leave a comment. Arlene, you finally got it to work!

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.