Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Finally.... I am done writing ... for now...

Can you hear my great big whoop of joy? I am so crazy happy right now that I can hardly believe it. I spent most of the day yesterday at my computer and finally finished the last of my edits to my manuscript for my book. At 10 o’clock last night, I emailed it to my publisher.

The next step will be to discuss the layout of the inside and the book cover. I have a clear idea of what I want the cover to look like and the publisher has a graphic designer who will design three covers for me to choose from. After that, they'll do the layout and send it back to me to do one or two revisions, if necessary. I have to decide on a retail price for the book and then the publisher sets up the distribution channels. The book will be available through Friesen Publishing (the publisher), Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and from me of course!

They are also going to help me with some marketing and promotion ideas but I am counting on people I know to help with the publicity, sales and distribution. If you have any ideas on where the book could be marketed, please let me know. I hope to get a few authors to endorse the book and with any luck I can get a reading at a few book stores. A few tv or radio interviews would be good too.

More to come …

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.