Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Portugal: Fatima, Lisbon

I mentioned in my previous post that I left the square last night about 10:30pm. Rosa and Augusta came back about 12:30am but apparently the candlelight vigil went on till 7am today.
 
We had breakfast and soon after that, we went back to the square for mass that started at 10am. People kept streaming into the square in small numbers but by the time I left, it was as it was last night - jam packed with people.
 
 
I was not feeling well so after about 30 minutes, I left and went back to the hostel. I sat in the lobby trying to get comfortable in one of the chairs because I did not sleep well last night. Cecelia (the owner of the hostel) must have seen that I was not feeling well so she offered me the key to the room we left earlier in the day and told me I could stay there until the group returned. She gave me the remote control for the tv so I could watch the service in the square which was being televised. I watched for about 15 minutes and must have fallen asleep for an hour and a half. I got up, brushed my teeth - again - tidied up myself and walked back downstairs to the lobby (I really did not use the elevator for the entire time there).  

We left Fatima at about 2pm and arrived in Lisbon about 5:30pm. Rosa stayed in Fatima and will be going to her hometown for another 2 weeks. Augusta's cousin was picking her up at 4pm at the hostel and she'll be staying in a small town about 30 minutes from Fatima where she will spend 2 weeks with her mom who is living in a nursing home there. I have the room all to myself tonight. I had a shower and dinner at 8. It will be an early night for me since I have to be up at 3:45am tomorrow to be at the airport for 5am. I've already checked in online since this morning in Fatima.
 
I am ready to go home. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.
 
sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.