Pages

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Tanzania: 2 more sleeps till we leave


I was scheduled to go on my last long (14 km) hike today but I got up this morning with so many things to do, that I decided against the hike. It would have been about 8 hours (3 hr. travel time to and from the trailhead, a 3.5-4 hour hike and then a community supper).
 
Instead I spent the time packing, weighing, unpacking, weighing, sorting, weighing, alternating different clothes, weighing .... well, you get the idea. I finally settled on not taking a sleeping bag. I'll rent one when I get to Moshi. I have a duffel bag on wheels that I will take my stuff in and another duffel bag (inside the big one) to take my clothes up the mountain. I've sorted my backpack that I will take on the plane with me and laid out my travel clothes plus one set of extra clothes in case my luggage is delayed (that's not going to happen though).  
 
My bag weighs about 46 pounds in total but the gear that I'll be taking up the mountain weighs about 25 pounds. I will still have to add my sleeping bag and mat but I hope that doesn't weigh more than 8 pounds.
 
I am almost ready except for the regular things to do at the end. I'm calling it a day and going to bed early - for a change.
 
sandra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.