Pages

Friday, October 04, 2013

Tanzania: 5 more sleeps to departure

I have been checking and re-checking my lists and itinerary. I've already set my out of office email to start on Tuesday after work. I've set my work voice mail as well. This weekend Sharm moves (starting today) so I'll be cooking lunch for the moving crew and dinner for us and Sharm and her family. Lunch will be vegetarian peas and rice with sides of pan fried fish. For dinner, one of Trent's friends who is helping with the move wants my curried chicken as payment. So tomorrow I'll be spending most of the morning and likely the afternoon cooking. I already baked a cheesecake for Sahana's birthday which is tomorrow. She'll be 9!!
 
I hope to go out on Sunday to Miami for a 14.5 km hike with the +Prairie Pathfinders. The weather is supposed to be quite nice - a high of 16C- and dry. Yes you read that right. Why go to Florida when there is a beautiful Miami in Manitoba? Then it's a Fall supper with turkey and all the trimmings. We had a feast when we went to the Rae Trail several weeks ago followed by a community supper at St Claude. I couldn't believe how organized everything was and the desserts! WOW! At least 8 different kinds of pies but alas I could only taste a couple because I was famished and had a great turkey dinner.
 
TO top it off, there was a box outside the hall on the lawn with quite a few spaghetti squashes that someone was giving away. So I got a big one which I cooked a week later. If you've not had spaghetti squash, it's wonderful. Tastes almost the same as flour spaghetti without all the calories.
 
I am looking forward to the Fall colours. Manitoba in September has to be to most pretty time.
 
sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.