Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Finally, my book is released!

I have been working on this major project for about a year and finally I am rewarded with a the final product - my book titled: In Search of the Blue Lotus.
 
In Search of the Blue Lotus cover
 
I am always up for learning new things and self-publishing was no different - that is, it's about continuing to learn. But it's not like anything I've done before. It's not like preparing to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. It's not like deciding to do a PhD while taking care of my terminally ill Dad. It's not like inventing a new recipe or modifying/altering some recipes so that they become mine. It's not like teaching myself to sew.
 
It's about putting my life on paper in a way that might be interesting to others while staying true to myself. It's about deciding what to tell and what to leave out. It's about not wanting to offend anyone but needing to tell my story in the most authentic way. It's about preparing myself emotionally for what may come next and opening myself up to judgement.  It's about continuing to live my life while learning more lessons along the way. it's about trying to make a difference. It's about honouring my ancestors who went to Guyana and lived in very difficult circumstances so that their future generations might have a better life. And it's about having a better life and leaving a legacy for my children and grandchildren so they might have an even better life.
 
If you would like an autographed copy, please contact me at sandrasukhan@hotmail.com and please feel free to share it with others who may be interested (immigrants, women, social justice, race relations, post-colonial politics, creative non-fiction, storytelling, critical pedagogy).
 
sandra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.