Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Successful fireside reading

My first fireside reading at Sharm's went very well. There were about 12 people in attendance. I selected three different parts of the book and after reading the first two, one of which is the part when I first heard about Dad's cancer, I could not read the third passage so Sharm took over and read it. She did a fine job but wanted to know why I gave her the most difficult part. 
 
I was not really anticipating getting emotional - not the best thing for a first reading - but it's my story and I suppose the emotion got the better of me.
 
A few of the guests had questions ranging from explaining the concept of an arranged marriage to explaining how I understood life in a multi-religious family. Afterwards, we had tea/coffee (made by Trent), biscotti (made by Sharm) and tarts (made by Sophie and Sharm). It was quite a delightful afternoon.
 
sandra
 
In Search of the Blue Lotus or email me at sandrasukhan@hotmail.com for a signed copy. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.