Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Vernal Equinox 2014

Welcome to the first day of spring in Winnipeg. I left for work at 7:20 this morning and upon exiting the garage, I was immediately greeted with hoar frost blanketing the trees and shrubs. Spring can be a messy time with melting piles of grey snow everywhere but hoar frost has a way of making me smile no matter what kind of foul mood I might be in from the long winter that seems never to want to end.


Front of my house today
Then there was the thick, dense fog which I love because it feels me feel like I could just get out of my car and let it wrap itself around me as if I am in a cocoon. But fog is elusive - like the wind; you know it's there but you can't touch it. I did the next best thing, I took a picture so I could keep it in my memory. Alas the denseness was fleeting; by the time I arrived at work, most of it had dissipated.

 First day of spring

 
Nevertheless, it was a welcome start to spring.

sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.