Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Upcoming Interview on PBS

Exciting times and a first for me about my book. I went to Fargo, North Dakota on Wednesday for an interview with PBS. The interview will be aired on Channel 3 in Manitoba and North Dakota on Friday, May 23 at 7:30 pm and on Saturday May 24th at 5:00 pm. The interview will also be posted on YouTube for those of you who don't have access to Channel 3. I'll post the link once the show is aired.

The host of the show is John Harris but when I arrived at the studio, he had another commitment so I was interviewed by the show's producer, Matt Olien who I was communicating with about the interview. He made me feel very comfortable and I did not feel a slight bit nervous. I just imagined that I was teaching in the TV studio at Red River College so the interview was very conversational. Before I knew it, the 20 minute interview was over and we were off to Grand Forks to do some shopping.

On a related note about TV interviews, I recall my first TV interview on CKT-TV when I was 20 years old. I was a 20 year old, first time mother and had donated about 50 litres of breast milk in about 6 months. You read that right. About 50 litres (approximately 10 gallons). The need for and supply of breast milk was critical for some new babies at the Health Sciences Centre so they asked if I would do a public service announcement telling new mothers how easy it was to donate - even a small amount. Imagine my embarrassment to have to go on TV and talk about donating breast milk but I did anyway and was glad I did. I often wonder - especially on Mother's Day - where those babies are that got my milk. I was told that it saved their lives but I will never know who they are and what they've become.

Well, that was a digression from my interview on Wednesday but as I was writing the post, it made me think of the babies who will be 40 this year.  

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and all you fathers who are raising children.

sandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.