Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

An almost tropical summer

This has been an awful summer in terms of weather with hardly any warm days and way too much rain. After a very long and cold winter, I think everyone in Manitoba was looking forward to what turns out to be beautiful summers but this has not been the case this year. 

I look forward to putting my tropical plants in the sunroom for the summer so that it feels like I am on a tropical vacation every day. I am very pleased to see that my hibiscus is rewarding me with so many flowers that each morning when I open my curtains to the sunroom and I am greeted with a sight similar to the one below. My anthurium lily is also rewarding me with lots of lilies. 



So although I am far from the tropics, I am vicariously enjoying a bit of it from my hammock in the sunroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.