Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bounty from my garden

We planted about 12 tomatoes in June which I thought was a bit too late to get anything from the arden but my garden rewarded me with about 40 pounds of tomatoes - so far. I still have to pick some more. I'm hoping for another 20 pounds. I spent yesterday dehydrating a big batch and roasting another batch. 


Part of my bounty

Prepping for the dehydrator

Laying out the dehydrator trays
I decided to roast a batch with onions and herbs like thyme, Newfoundland Savory and some of my custom blend Sandra S seasoning. This blend will be in my forthcoming cookbook which I hope to have released in Spring 2015. If you have never used Newfoundland savory, you MUST try it. I was introduced to it by my best friend Catherine in 1979 and since then, I have been using it - albeit, sparingly - every time I make roasted chicken, stuffing or veggies. This is one of the best herbs that I have used - and I have used many spices. 


Roasting tomatoes
This was a good way to spend Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.