Pages

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Another memorable birthday

I am glad to be celebrating another HEALTHY birthday. At this stage of my life, it really is a joy to be acknowledging and celebrating such a milestone and it's a bonus that I can say that I am still healthy. My grandfather died when he was in his early 40s from complications from diabetes. 

Dad would have been celebrating his 84th birthday tomorrow but he passed nearly 4 years ago from cancer. I am grateful that I am not dealing with those major diseases. The best I can do is to continue to exercise, eat as healthy as I can, get sufficient sleep and keep my social circle close. Apparently that's the secret to the Fountain of Youth. 

Birthday necklace and ring

Me and my Winnipeg grandbabies
So in keeping with my recipe for a good life, I am wearing the family birthday hat and having brunch with Sharm and her family. In another week, I will be in Los Ayala Mexico with Robin and Bena for 16 days (Bena for 9 of those 16 days). Family, good food, lots of walking and relaxation is my recipe for life in the next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.