Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 11/31: NO-ADDED-SUGAR at work or home

Hanging in on Day 2 of cutting some sugar mimics - fruit, rice, sweet veggies and bread. I had a dull headache yesterday and today was more of the same.

Why am I doing this? I keep asking myself this question periodically throughout the day and the answer I give myself is: You are not doing this forever because it would not possibly be a sustainable way to eat every day. You are doing it to retrain your palette to appreciate what sweet things taste like. So there. 

I had a healthy breakfast of turkey sausage, sauteed with mushrooms and onions and eaten over quinoa with a bit of finely chopped bell pepper. At lunch I had a Tex-Mex dish with fresh cilantro and for dinner some turkey sausage and veggies served over a bulgur and quinoa blend. 

I had a pile of work to do after dinner for Sunday's event but managed to complete my goal of 11,500 steps. I did over 12,000. I will celebrate completing 11 days of no added sugar plus my steps for today. That's what I am celebrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.