Pages

Monday, January 04, 2016

Day 4/31: Successful NO-ADDED-SUGAR day

This was my first day back to work after a two week break. I usually start my day with a full breakfast. I plan a weekly menu to help take the guess work out of meals. I tray to standardize breakfast so that twice a week I have eggs,  toast, a piece of fruit and a coffee with milk; twice a week I have a bowl of oatmeal, a piece of fruit, a cup of coffee and if I am am still feeling hungry, a piece of cheese, and a slice of home-made loaf (or I sometimes take this for a mid-morning snack). Once a week I have fish - sardines or salmon and toast. I know you might think having sardines for breakfast is weird but I love sardines anytime of day and since I can't really take it to work, and it is not really food for dinner, I have it for breakfast. Same with salmon. Mine is canned salmon with sauteed onions and some hot pepper but some of you probably have lox, cream cheese and bagels for breakfast. Similar except for the salt. 

Today it was steel-cut oatmeal and I took some mini zucchini muffins for my mid-morning snack. I plan lunches too and today it was some black bean pasta (made entirely from black beans and available from Costco), a piece of turkey, a small amount of my chia parfait with extra ground flax. I had some veggies with kefir dip for a mid afternoon snack. 

Take note that there was not a single thing with added sugar. So far, I am doing well. I did a little over 6,000 steps at work so when I came home I watched Young and Restless and did another 4,000 so I've reached my goal for today of 10,000. By the time I go to bed, I'll probably do an extra 1,200 which will take me to 8 km today. I changed my goal today from 10,000 steps per day to 11,300 which is exactly 8 km. If I accomplish that, I'll be pleased. 

For dinner, I had turkey divan, baked sweet potatoes and squash and a small piece of sourdough garlic toast. Yum! 



I spent some time tonight cleaning up some computer files and uninstalling some useless programs and then I packed up my china cabinet to get ready for installation of hardwood flooring next Monday. Those things kept me distracted enough not to want anything sweet to eat tonight. Another successful No-sugar-Added day plus 11,500 steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.