Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Day 5/31: Another NO-ADDED-SUGAR day

I went to bed late last night and woke up early knowing that I would feel tired from insufficient sleep but it was not a bad day at all.

How did I start my day? Feeling like my skirt this morning was a tad bit looser than it regularly fits. One of the side benefits of no added sugar may be a looser waistband at the end of this month and I hope to carry it on for another two months.

I had boiled eggs and half of a toasted ciabatta bun for breakfast and while there was a half a Bartlett pear, I decided to take it to work for a mid morning snack with my chai and almond kefir parfait. Yes you read that right. I made kefir with some of my almond milk. It turned out fine but it's a bit too much to be doing with also making regular milk kefir.

For lunch I had a stirfry with black bean pasta and lots of cruciferous veggies - broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage and some bell peppers. I used some of my homemade pesto and it smelled delish when I was heating it up.

For an afternoon snack, I had some carrots and snap peas with a dip I made from half feta cheese and have Greek-style kefir (meaning I strained the kefir overnight through a coffee filter until it was thick and spreadable like mascarpone cheese).  This is something I usually make but had not mixed it with feta which I love but is somewhat too salty for me.

A very long overdue (by about 3 weeks) visit to my chiropractor this afternoon had me in quite a bit of discomfort at supper so that meal as very light - eggplant with shrimp and potatoes. Oh, and two Aleve pills for the pain and inflammation that was built up for more than a month. Oouch.  

Early bed for me tonight but first I have to get my 3,000 additional steps  to meet my 11,500 step goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to read them.